1. He insists on taking you to a takeaway joint on your first date.
2. On your second date at a restaurant, he cunningly goes straight to the main course menu in the hope that you don’t bother ordering for starters or appetizers.
3. Before making the order he keeps trying to confirm from the waiter whether the portions are filling enough for the prices being charged.
4. He asks the waiter if the restaurant charges for tap water.
5. He asks for a second round of complimentary bread rolls.
6. He finishes every single crumb in his dinner plate and starts criticizing yours with comments like, ‘Are you gonna eat that?’ or ’I knew you wouldn’t be able to finish that.’
7. He tells you right after dinner that he’s tried the dessert before and they weren’t any good.
8. He pays for dinner, knows he’s due to be given some change e.g. fifty Naira (about a third of a US dollar)…and waits for it.
9. He leaves without tipping either the helpful waiter, the courteous doorman, or the smooth-tongued security guard who’s been calling him ‘Chairman’ all the way to his car.
10. He tells you he’d like to do this again sometime, and then when the time comes he offers to cook dinner at his place instead.
If you’re a cheapskate or someone who went on a date with a cheapskate then do share your horror stories